One of the great things about living in North Carolina is the fact that we have so many smart individuals residing in our state. Research Triangle Park is home to some of the most innovative technology, and many Triangle cities have been ranked as some of the best places to live. Because of this, it’s no wonder that there are many successful startups all over North Carolina that have designed products intended to make our lives easier.
If you’re looking for ways to support local businesses while taking time to appreciate the state you live in – look no further than considering these products. These inventions and creations will leave you feeling happy to live in the Old North State.
- Brewsees – Brewsees were created by a guy named Jonathan Castellanos. In combination with each other, Brewsees are polarized sunglasses that also serve the purpose of a bottle opener. They don’t look tacky, as the bottle opener is hard to notice at first glance. This is the optimal invention for days spent on Jordan Lake with your family.
- Stealz – Looking to save some money? Download Stealz on your smartphone. This app was created to allow you to check into participating local businesses in order to save yourself money and earn free things. All you have to do is check in, take a picture, and post it to social media. You’ll earn points and promotions as a result. As a bonus, the first check-in at participating businesses means a guaranteed free item.
- Offline Media – Need something to do or somewhere to eat this weekend? Head to Offline Media ASAP. They succeed by posting local events in the Raleigh-Durham area, along with the detailing of promo codes to save you and your family some money. It’s a win-win situation.
- Feelgoodz – If you like the idea of wearing flip-flops, but can’t seem to find any that are comfortable, Feelgoodz is the company for you. Based out of Raleigh, this company makes their flip-flops out of natural rubber, and focuses on comfort. As a fun fact, songwriter Jack Johnson has his own line within the company.
- MATI Energy – Started by a Duke student, MATI Energy offers highly caffeinated teas as a healthy alternative to coffee. Sold in Whole Foods, gyms and offices, MATI has become the best-selling energy drink in stores throughout the entire Southeastern United States. Awarded as the most innovative company in North Carolina, it’s easy to see why MATI was recently selected as one of the six companies from across the US chosen to pitch at Google Demo Day. Try the teas out today.
- DryCASE – Until the day that Apple releases a waterproof iPhone, Drycase will have to do. The name signifies the company’s goal- to keep your belongings dry. Offering a range of backpacks, phone cases, tablet covers, speakers, headphones and more, Drycase brings products to the table that allow for wetness on a regular basis. Cool!
- SEAL Innovation – Does your family have a pool? Do you have children? Seal’s wristband and monitoring system might be the perfect product for you. Designed to keep children safe at the pool, Seal’s product keeps track of how long children have been submerged under water, and will alert you if it’s been longer than a certain time. While it might be pricey, it’s worth saving a life.
- Lawson Hammock – So your kids won’t give up on the idea of camping. Consider buying them a hammock from Lawson Hammock. The company makes a portable hammock that double down as a tent if needed. It only weighs four pounds, and can be strapped to virtually anything. At last, something that can be used in the comfort of your own backyard.
With a list like this, it’s easy to see why North Carolina is the place to be for cool products coming from local innovators and startups. If you’re looking to buy a home, be sure to visit buyselltrianglehomes.com today.
By Rob Williams